|Misleading job posts |
|11th of May, 2012 by mickl |
|This post, with a variety of titles appears on many job boards.|
Clicking the link on the job board (http://www.wlmarketing.com/webdev.html) yields a questionnaire.
Clicking on the link on the site for a 'Web Developer' job (http://www.wlmarketing.com/job.html?jobId=1) yields a questionnaire asking about a person's writing skills.
In my opinion, the job posts are intended only as inbound links in an attempt to raise WL Marketing's position in search engine rankings.
If WL Marketing considers the use of deceptive posts an appropriate business practice, one wonders if there are other elements of their business that are less than honest.
Full Time LAMP Developer Wanted! (Work From Home)
Date: 2012-04-29, 4:17AM CDT
Are you someone who just can't quite sleep if something isn't finished?
Do you feel the rush of joy when you commit awesome code and people start using your feature?
Do you enjoy a good challenge, and failure just makes you more determined?
If this sounds like you, we would love to invite you to share the fun and accomplishments and welcome you to be part of our team. You will be working on various challenging projects including:
1) Scaling databases to terabytes.
2) Implement processes to help 100s of workers to do their job more efficiently.
3) Design & implement systems that will affect thousands of customers.
If these sound exciting to you, please do send us your resume and fill out our application here: http://www.wlmarketing.com/webdev.html.
Here's a couple of technical details:
1) Availability via IM during normal business hours. Emails are expected to be responded to within minutes during business hours and no later than 24 hours in most cases. For all intents and purposes, you will be a member of our team and we depend on you!
2) Availability nearly all days of the week, excluding major holidays.
3) Familiarity with MySQL, Indexing, B+ Trees, Hash Joins, etc.
4) Familiarity with Algorithms, including concepts such as NP Completeness
5) Familiarity with ssh
6) Familiarity with vi
7) Familiarity with wordpress
8) Familiarity with google analytics, webmaster tools, etc.
9) Familiarity with adsense/msn adcenter
10) Familiarity with Apache
11) Familiarity with DNS
12) Familiarity with Linux/Unix commands and use of cron
14) SEO familiarity a plus.
We are a growing company and look forward to your contribution and our growth together!
Please do send us your resume and fill out some details here to apply: http://www.wlmarketing.com/webdev.html
Location: Work From Home
Telecommuting is ok.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
|WL Marketing here - sorry - the main job resume is at wlmarketing.com/webdev.html.|
Our system simply had the wrong form. Thanks for letting us know and we apologize about the inconvenience.
Incidentally, if anyone is a programmer and reading this post, please do apply at wlmarketing.com/webdev.html :)
Post your Comment
Recently Updated Reports
Manuel W Clark, Manny Clark, Willie Clark, J Clark, Sean Clark - fraud, scam, investment, bridge money, mortgage fraud,... Now they are claiming that he is dead, I'm sure he just in the next state scamming a new set...