|Standford's Who's Who |
|17th of Nov, 2011 by User897604 |
|I am very interested to see this 'rebuttal' from Carla Gwatney of Standford's Who's Who (SWW) as she has just been party to a dishonest sales and 'resolution' of this service to me. The facts are as follows:|
- I live in Singapore, recently lost my job and have been job searching on LinkedIn
- SWW advertise on LinkedIn as 'Who's Who in Singapore..Free to List'
- I was telephoned by Katrina Bryant of SWW who 'accepted' me for listing, and then told me of the various charges involved. I was not offered a free to list option and I said I did not want to pay. Then via a combination of flattery, persuasion and telesales trickery I was pressured into buying, something I now regret.
- To be specific on the trickery point I was asked why I had wanted to join Who's Who in Singapore/SWW and I said "for job networking in Singapore" - this was the only reason. I was told this was available.
- I still insisted that I wanted to think about the purchase as my funds were short, but was told "it is impossible to go back and forth to sales and that I had to pay then if I ever wanted to join". Although I found this hard to believe I did not want to loose the networking opportunity and succumbed.
- I searched online extensively immediately after the call and could find no Singapore reference to SWW
- I tried repeatedly to call the US number back (631 650 2140) but received no reply and no message option
- The following Monday I spoke with Carla Gwatney (Customer Services) and insisted that the service offered no Singapore networking benefits to me. She said that it did, and after a heated discussion about how thoroughly unhappy I was with the misselling she agreed a $100 discount and a training tutorial if I signed a 'Full and Final Resolution' first. I signed and returned the Resolution and neither refund or tutorial has been provided - as clearly dishonest an act and confidence trick as the original sale
- Carla did provide the login and password for SWW - unfortunately, as I originally suspected, there is no option or ability to filter on Singapore based members or to achieve any networking value from SWW here
- I have telephoned and emailed Carla on numerous occasions but she refuses to respond - I presume because when I take the case to the New York Better Business Bureau she will attempt to rely on the 'Full and Final Resolution' that she dishonestly obtained
- I am disgusted in this day and age that a US company can operate so dishonestly
- I have reported the matter to Visa and will suggest that they remove SWW's use of their service
- The only proper and fair resolution for this issue is a full refund - CARLA I HOPE YOU ARE READING THIS
- For anyone else considering joining Standford's Who's Who - don't! Even if it provides useful networking for you - presumably in the US - and you may be attracted by their gimmicks (plaques and certificates), their sales tactics are simply appalling. Standford's Who's Who are acting dishonestly - please be warned!
|Mate, I am in the same situation. Do you have any email address I could use to (try and) reach out to them?|
Post your Comment