|Beware, Beware, Beware-How to uncover a SCAM and someone who is completely full of B.S. Ask for thorough references that you can throughly verify along with doing a background check and criminal background check. NEVER give money down. Legitimate cosultants NEVER require a retainer if they can do what they say they can do, if they need a retainer it is because they are "broke". Be very suspect when people attempt to claim thye can do sales and marketing training when they dont even know how to turn a computer on and dont have a solid address when they are constantly "moving". Ask to see a credit card in the person name or a debit card. If they cant produce one that means they are not running a stable company that is legitimate. Ask to see a vehicle registration when they meet with you: questions to ask? Why do you not even have a motor vehicle registration in your name? |
Just keep in mind, if you are ripped off and you proceed with litigation and prevail with a judgement, you cant collect from someone who doesnt own anything or even has a stable residence that they reside in or be processed served at.
Important Questions to ask to prevent you from being scammed?
* Where is your office located? Can I see a copy of the lease?
* Can I do a credit check on you? After all, how can someone teach about sales management when they cant even manage their own finances.
* If you have allegedly been employed with certain companies and you claim certain sales results, let mereview your pay stubs, W-2 or bank statements to prove the validity of the earnings you claim. (Watch as they begint to sweat prefusely)
* Can you prove how long you have lived at your currentresidence? Do you rent or own? Do you have cancelled checks to the landlord or bank for a mtg paymentments to prove legitimacy? Why have you never owned a house before if you claim to have the income that you do?
* Can I see a current cell phone bill to prove that you dont have a pre-piad cell phone or have had the same cell # for more than 90 days?
* Can I review your last 2 years tax returns for your business and personal?
* Do you have any negative public records or filings?