|USA Relocation Moving and Storage Violated rules as defined by CPUC and Overcharged (no proof of actual weight). Tarzana, California |
|13th of Nov, 2011 by User238368 |
|Moving with â€œUSA Relocation Moving and Storageâ€ was the WORST experience I've ever had. This is by far the worst moving company. It appears that there are many similar bad reviews and Iâ€™m definitely not the first person who they ripped off. Numerous problems:|
1. The estimate was less than half of what they claimed was the final cost.
2. They asked for gratuity even before they started loading the truck.
3. They did not provide a "Not to Exceed Cost" prior to the move. They filled in the â€œNot to Exceedâ€ form after they already weighed my items and had possession of all my items). This is a clear violation of the rules. These rules were established to protect the consumers.
4. They charged me based on weight. They told me I had to witness the weighing of the truck. When I approached the truck weight scales they immediately got in the truck and drove off the scales. They told me the weight of my items was over 2x the estimate. I made several requests to see the weight certificates (which they claim they have) and they never provided it. I believe they gave me a fake weight.
5. After unloading my items, they took my ladder and have not returned it.
6. They bullied my wife into writing a comment about the moving experience. They told her that they wonâ€™t leave until she wrote a comment. In fear that they may read the comment, she was unable to write an honest comment and put a dishonest comment (so they can leave).
6. The California Public Utilities commission informed me that their moving authority was suspended during the time of my move (they were not even supposed to advertise, provide quotes, or provide moving services).
7. I finally had a chance to read the Moving Handbook where I learned about the rules the Moving companies must follow. I emailed the Moving Company and let them know that I was going to file a complaint with the PUC. I immediately got a call from the Moving Company Supervisor and he was very unprofessional and proceeded to get tempered, yelling on the phone telling me that I was wrong. I made several requests for his contact information so I can include this in my Complaint forms but I never got his contact information. I filed complaints with the CPUC (California Public Utilities Commission), the PUC (Public Utilities Commission), and BBB (Better Business Bureau). The CPUC and PUC have acknowledged that these are clear violations and they have assigned a Field Investigator. I will also file a Small Claims case to get my money back. It looks like â€œUSA Relocation Moving and Storageâ€ somehow got reinstated and got their Moving Authority back. But hopefully after my Complaints to the CPUC, PUC, and BBB they will lose their Moving Authority permanently so they canâ€™t scam anymore customers. I will continue to write more reviews on all search websites, in an effort to save other customers from this terrible experience.
Post your Comment