|xxxcupid.com Scam! Incorrect pricing. No customer service. Fake members. Complete con! Internet |
|15th of Dec, 2010 by User306894 |
|Absolute rubbish website and a scam! This site promises a "100% free" adult dating website. Unfortunately, apart from logging in there is nothing you can do until you part with some money. You can't view peoples profiles or chat to anybody unless you are a paying member.|
You then pay so that you can chat to some of the people who are coming up in the search results, only to find that they're no longer in the search results. Yes, that's right - these people only appear in the search results before you pay your money. Any that do still appear are now the other side of the world rather than "within 50 miles" of me.
My assumption is that this site is a scam. If it is legitimate then it's incorrectly advertised, bad value for money, very poorly thought out, and has the worst customer service I've ever seen!
A summary of my experience is as follows:
1. The price of membership was advertised as $29.95 (presumably USD). This was shown as this amount all the way through. After payment has been made, it thanks me for paying 29.95 (which is $46.75 USD).
2. The members who are shown as local to you (within 50 miles) under the free membership turn out to be the other side of the world once you've paid your money. When searching for local people as a free member, I found lots of results. As a paying member, hardly any!
3. Regular messages are sent to me from members who I suspect are not real people. Their profiles all seem the same and the messages appear to be encouraging you to use the site, and I get the impression that they may even be automated.
4. Even though you are a paying member, you are constantly bombarded with adverts and offers trying to tempt you to upgrade your account further.
5. There is only one way to contact the site and that is via a limited web form on the site. 3 days later and the unsatisfactory response arrives in your e-mail inbox.
6. Ask them a question about billing and a standard response is given - basically "please contact the billing processor". This is the company who provides the billing facility. If this is Webbilling, expect a response that is just as unsatisfactory (if you are able to get in touch at all).
I ADVISE ANYONE INTENDING TO USE THIS SITE NOT TO DO SO.
|Thanks for the info.|
Also take real note: when paying by any method for their service NOTE there is NO HTTPS when writing out your credit card details.
This is extremely dangerous to put in your credit card details on a page that does not address start with HTTPS - if the S (mean secure encryptian) is missing and that means the page where you write your card number is total UNSECURE.
If you don't know about HTTPS just Google it for proper definition and explantion of website banking/money security. Again, when you are paying by credit card or PayPal the page you are doing it mon MUST (no exceptions) start with HTTPS
XXXCUPID does not repeat NOT have HTTPS pages on the site for your credit card security.
|XXXcupid is a big scam, I cancelled my account about 10 months ago, but just got a phone call from a debit collector stating that I owed XXXcupid 10 months membership fee. I was totally shock... til now I`m still trying to contact with XXXcupid customer service Re. my case, but nobody never return my Email.(they do not have phone to call)|
Post your Comment